midland university is proud of all who have served our country and would like to assist you and your family in furthering your education.
midland university is a member of the service member’s opportunity colleges (s.o.c.), a consortium of national higher education associations and institutions.
we are pleased to be in the top 15% of military-friendly colleges and universities in the nation. this ranking is based on research, conducted by the military friendly schools organization of over 7,000 higher educational institutions nationwide, assessing which schools provided the best education, value, and welcoming atmosphere for military personnel.
in addition to competitive scholarships for veterans and active military personnel, we will also help guide you through the admissions process. ready to join the warrior family? follow these four steps to get started today.
1. submit your application for admission.
2. request and send an official copy of your military transcripts to the midland university registrar's office.
- you may receive college credit for in-the-field work; credit is granted based on the recommendation of the american council of education (ace) and dd214.
- to request a copy of your military transcript, please click here.
3. submit an immunization waiver and a copy of your military identification card (cac):
- if you have completed basic training and are living off-campus, you have fulfilled the immunization requirement.
- basic training proves one mmr. military personnel can provide proof of a second mmr or can request a waiver under the "religion/personal" section of the immunization form.
- please note, students who receive the waiver under this policy will not be allowed on campus in the event of a measles outbreak.
4. discover how affordable your midland university education will be.
financial aid opportunities
yellow ribbon gi education enhancement program
this program allows u.s. higher education institutions to voluntarily enter into an agreement with va to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. the institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses, and the va will match the same amount as the institution. midland university is proud to participate at the full 50% level.
scholarships for military members and dependents
there are a wide variety of outside scholarships available and many are based on the branch of service you served. we highly encourage you to use a scholarship search program to assist in finding these types of scholarships. below are links to a few of the many possibilities:
use this to find out how much they will be getting from gi bill™ for bah.
if you participated in the $600 buy-up under the montgomery gi bill™ or reap, you will not receive the additional benefits under the post-9/11 gi bill™
individuals eligible for a kicker under another benefit, may receive the kicker under the post- 9/11 gi bill™. the monthly kicker amount will be prorated based on the individual’s rate of pursuit. payment will be issued in a lump sum directly to the student.
post – 9/11 gi bill™ kickers will be payable only if the individual is entitled to a monthly housing allowance. payment will be issued with the monthly housing allowance.